Grants for Dental Hygiene Students – Pursuing a career as a dental hygienist takes hard work, commitment, along with a great education. Paying for that education can get costly. That is the reason why universities and many schools offer general scholarships together with departmental scholarships to dental hygiene students.
It’s important for students to look at the financial aid office and departments in their own major area of study for scholarship availability. But the hunt for scholarships does not have to finish here. Many foundations, organizations, and associations offer dental hygiene scholarships. With perseverance and a little research, great supplements can be found by students in their financial aid package.
Where to Find Grants for Dental Hygiene Students
As we know, scholarships are free money opportunities every dental hygiene student shouldn’t overlook. Why? They do not have to be repaid! What a better mechanism for students to cover tuition costs.
Here are examples of scholarships or grants for dental hygiene students
At Minnesota State University – Mankato, dental hygiene students have some options for scholarships. The Alice K. Weed Endowment for Dental Hygiene granted for exceptional students who have leadership abilities in community or professional outreach systems. Full-time or Part-time student status is accepted. Personal assertion paper is needed. The Dr. Deborah O. Strand Dental Hygiene Endowment is granted to students who show financial need and are financing half of their school instruction. Award amount differs depending on capital.
Vermont Technical College provides a number of scholarships to students enrolled in their own dental hygiene scheme. Some awards include:
- Dorothy Wootton Scholarship—this scholarship is awarded each year to two second-year students enrolled in the school’s dental hygiene program. Award amount is $1,000 each.
- Hill Family Scholarships—awards two to four scholarships annually which total $4,000. Must be a Vermont resident registered at an accredited dental hygiene program to apply.
- Northeast Delta Dental Foundation Scholarships—awards two to four scholarships each year, totaling $4,000. Applicants must be enrolled in the school’s dental hygiene program to be considered.
Outside Scholarships for Dental Hygiene Students
Outside scholarships are a considerable addendum to a dental hygiene student’s financial help package.
Here is some sample of outside scholarships particular to dental hygiene students:
The American Dental Hygienists’ Association (ADHA) Institute for Oral Health grants several scholarships for dental hygiene students. This prize amounts all range in $1,000 and $2,000.
- ADHA Institute General Scholarship—this scholarship is awarded to qualifying dental hygiene students.
- Sigma Phi Alpha Undergraduate Scholarship—this scholarship is awarded to active student members only. Must demonstrate outstanding academic achievements to be considered.
- Colgate “Bright Smiles, Bright Futures” Minority Scholarship—funded by Colgate Palmolive Company, this scholarship is dedicated to minority groups under-represented in the field of dental hygiene. Minority groups include African Americans, Asian Americans, Hispanics, Native Americans, and male students.
- Crest Oral-B Dental Hygiene Scholarships—funded by Proctor & Gamble, this scholarship is awarded to dental hygiene students at the bachelor degree level who are interested in dental hygiene through private and public education. Applicants must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 of higher.
- Dr. Harold Hillenbrand Scholarship—awarded to a dental hygiene student demonstrating a high level of academic achievement and clinical performance. Applicants must be enrolled in a dental hygiene program with a minimum grade point average of 3.5.
Some ADHA scholarships are state-specific: The Alice Hinchcliffe Wiliams, Graduate Scholarship, RDH, MS –is funded by the Virginia Dental Hygienists’ Association Foundation. Applicants must be Virginia resident and search for a graduate degree; and, the Wilma Motley Memorial California Merit Scholarship – this is a merit-based scholarship awarded to one student try to find an associate degree or certification, or bachelor degree in dental hygiene for an accredited California program; and one student hunting a master or doctorate degree in dental hygiene, or a related subject. Applicants must demonstrate excellent academic achievements.
The American Dental Association (ADA) Foundation offers a number of scholarships to students studying in the dental discipline. Dental hygiene students may submit an application for the Dental Hygiene Scholarship. Award funds are given to help pay for tuition costs, including fees and tuition, equipment, books, and living expenses. Award is expanded in two increments directly to the receiver’s school financial aid office.
Grants for Dental Hygiene Students Tips
Please check regularly with the school’s dental hygiene department for scholarship availability. Many schools offer subject-specific scholarships based on financial need and/or merit.
Do not ignore the school’s financial aid office. Many foundations offer general scholarships based on financial need and/or merit.
Try to obtain outside scholarships. Students are motivated to use the Internet to find other scholarship opportunities to supplement their financial aid package. Foundations, associations, and many organizations offer awards dedicated to dental hygiene students.
- Government Grants for Dentures
- Siskiyou Dental Grants Pass Oregon
- How to Get Free Dental Implants
- Dental Grants to Get Teeth Fixed
- Dental Grants for Single Mothers
- Dental Grants for Adults
- Grants for Dental Work
- Dental Grants for Individuals
- Low Cost Dentures for Seniors
- How To Fix Bad Teeth With No Money Immediately
- Help Paying for Dentures
- Get Free Braces for Kids with Smile Changes Live Program (SCL)
- Help with Orthodontics Cost
- Free Braces for Kids