The Cumberland Farms Scholarship started several years ago, This company provides region-based scholarships for students. In today’s post you will learn everything about this scholarship. The Cumberland Farms scholarship program is commonly called Believe and Achieve Scholarship Programs, and since the year of 2007 this program has helped many Americans living near Cumberland Farms in their education.
Cumberland Farms Scholarship Award Amount
So how much can I get from this Believe and Achieve Scholarship? From the first time it was established, the award amount stays the same. Eligible students will receive $1000 to help them with their education.
Last year, the Cumberland Farms provides scholarships for 130 students, each receiving $1000. Up until last year, the company have provided more than $900,000 scholarships.
Cumberland Farms Scholarship Requirements
In general, there are two major requirements needed if you want to be eligible for the Cumberland Farms scholarship. First, you need to live within the 10 states where the Cumberland Farms opens its branch. Second, this scholarship will be given to high school seniors who have financial difficulties and have exemplary academic performance. Below are the full requirements for this scholarship:
- Recipients is a high school seniors or GED recipients with maximum age of 25
- Students who are planning to enroll in full time 2-4 years of undergraduate studies
- Students who resides within 30-mile radius from the Cumberland Farms retail locations
- Minimum 3.0 GPA or GED score of 500
- Demonstrate financial need
The retail locations are spread in 10 different States. The cities where you can find the Cumberland Farms retails are New York, Rhode Island, Delaware, Florida, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, and New Jersey.
The company will also consider other conditions that may apply. They are:
- Other additional academic records
- Received honors and award (if any)
- Work experience (if any)
- Unusual personal or family circumstances
- Ability to demonstrate leadership
- Participation in activities in both schools and community
- Explaining goals and aspirations (using an essay)
Note that the deadline for the Cumberland Farms Scholarship is on December 15. Make sure to prepare all of the required documents and other necessary items, and send them before that date. It is also important to note that the deadline is NOT the last day you are allowed to send the scholarship application. Rather, the deadline date for the Cumberland Farms scholarship is the LAST day they receive incoming applications. Therefore, it would be wise to send them the application as soon as you have complete it.
Once you are ready to submit your scholarship application, you can visit https://cumberlandfarms.scholarshipamerica.org/register.php. You will see several components there, and you can determine the required documents such as:
- High school transcript of grades
- Copy of most recent filed tax return
- List of work experience
- List of activities and positive contribution in school and communities
- The nearest Cumberland Farm location
These days, every student have to grab any chance of grant that they can receive. Having additional $1,000 from the Cumberland Farms scholarship will certainly help you.