- Grants for Dental Hygiene Students
- Financial Assistance for Breast Cancer Survivors
- Social Security W2 Service to Send Annual Wage Data
- Fashion Design Scholarships – Calculation of the Schedule for Submission
- Government Assistance For Convicted Felons
- US Navy ROTC Scholarship Requirements
- Donate Car to Charity California
- How to Get School Playground Equipment Grants
- Grants for School Furniture
- Zolp Scholarship from Loyola University
Free Computers for Disabled People
- Updated: April 19, 2017
Free computers for disabled people are important parts of the effort to empower the disabled. By having a computer, there’s a sense of independency that makes them feel positive towards themselves. To achieve this goal, there are various organizations, nonprofits, foundations, and even federal and state government trying to provide the computers at no charge.
In this post you will learn several opportunities available from the various nonprofits and organization.
Free Computers for Disabled People Opportunities
Grants from the Government
The United States’s Department of Health and Human Services (DHS) provide several help available for the disabled. The disability.gov is a great site that provides reliable information related to your search. You may find some programs that give the computers directly, but there are other programs that give you grants.
If you are still unsure of what to do, we highly recommend you to make an appointment with a social worker from the DHS. Explain your condition, including the reason you need computer for your life. There will be several documents and paperwork to be done, including the information on your income and your medical report.
This organization can provide free computers for disabled people. They have wonderful program that also help people and children coming from low-income families. Unfortunately, this program is only available in several states. To learn more about this opportunity, please visit their official site.
The Beaumont Foundation of America
This foundation helps people across the United States to get grants for the technology-related necessities, which include computers. This foundation have had distributed many grants for disabled people who needs computers. Visit their website to learn more about the eligibility and how you can apply for the grant.
This one is a nonprofit organization that accept donation in the form of computers, and then refurbish and redistribute them to those who are in need. People with disabilities are one of the categories of people that they would help. The organization’s base is at Northern California, but according to our source they do support shipping. Additional charges may apply.
There are still several other methods you can use to get that free computer you need. One of them is the donation sites like FreeCycle and Recycle the World.
The FreeCycle can help you find unused computers in your local hometown, because this is a local based site that connects people who wants to donate their stuff and people who need them. Meanwhile, the Recycle the World is also a similar site with FreeCycle, albeit not identical. Both sites can be a great place to look for unused computers the disabled can use.
Last but not least, I would like to mention the Computer Accommodations Program (CAP). The program itself doesn’t provide free computers, but they do help you with the computer’s assistive technology for the disabled people. This is a significant work and they have helped many disabled people by making life easier. Note: they may have information about where to get free computers for disabled people!
- Computers For Low Income Families : angiesangelhelpnetwork.com/help-for-low-income-families/free-to-low-cost-computers-for-kids/
- Financial assistance for disabled : needhelppayingbills.com/html/disability_financial_assistanc.html
- Help for Disabled People Who Can’t Afford Home Computers : ehow.com/way_5796664_disabled-can_t-afford-home-computers.html
- Image : blogs.techsmith.com