Financial Assistance for Fathers Paying Child Support

Government Grants News – Financial Assistance for Breast Cancer Survivors

Financial Assistance for Fathers Paying Child Support

Fathers Paying Child Support often face with financial hurdles, and some even do it without being able to see their son or daughters for years. There is no doubt that every father should be responsible to their children, and this is also true for non-custodial fathers.

Unfortunately, it is often that after the divorce process these fathers are facing hardships because they are sentenced with child support fees that are beyond their financial ability. Many of the non-custodial fathers are forced to live under minimum life expenses because most of his earnings are taken away for child support.

Therefore, it is only reasonable that these people look for some sort of financial assistance to help paying child support. But the big question is: is there any sort of financial help available in the United States?

Unfortunately, financial assistance, grants or other forms of free money is rarely given for personal use. Most of the free money are channeled to strategic sectors such as education and health. Therefore, the answer for this question whether there’s a financial help for fathers paying child support would be no.

Financial Assistance for Fathers Paying Child Support

How to Get Financial Assistance for Fathers Paying Child Support

Now what?

The road undergone by these fathers is undoubtedly tough and hard. It is hard enough to fulfill ends-meet, and some are even ‘forced’ to choose to go to jail or pay the child support money that they don’t have. What’s worse, it is often that the custodial mothers aren’t properly facilitating the father to meet his daughter or son.

Depending on your condition, there are indeed some help available. However, it is crucial to note that these assistance programs are available based on the income. So if you’re really in a tight pinch, maybe you want to try these programs that will allow you to allocate the money into something else that is more important such as personal savings.

The first step you should do is to visit the It’s an excellent website administered by the Federal government that can assist you identify financial help available depending on your current condition. The financial help may come in various forms, including grants, loans, etc. Note that grants are principally free money, while loans are money lent to you that you must repay in the future with interest. But don’t worry; usually the government-based loans are a lot more reasonable than private loan companies. You can use the website as a search engine for the available grants and other financial help.

Alternatively, you can also visit your state’s Department of Health and Human Services or the Social Service Agency to make an appointment with a social worker. After you meet with the social worker, kindly explain your current condition and ask if there’s any program that can benefit you. Note that the programs from the government may not always related to what you’re looking for; but sometimes they can help you pay child support, indirectly. For example, you may be eligible for the food stamp program, which means that you will be able to save some money which then can be used as your personal financial assistance for fathers paying child support, etc.

Share comments under about this matter. Cheers.




  1. Johnathon

    July 22, 2017 at 6:09 am


    My situation is I work 30 hours a week & after child support & taxes is deducted i’m left with approximately $300 a month. I have no clue how I can survive on that. Even if I had a full time job at minimum wage my situation wouldn’t be any different. All the child support I pay a month isn’t enough to cover what they want every month. So basically I’m going close to $100 in the hole every month & I owe like $20,000 in back child support . So if I made more they would take more plus the interest they want me to pay. They take my whole income tax. I been living with my grandmother the past 4 years. She’s about to go into a nursing home. I’m just trying to find out how I can survive on my own. I talked to Ashtabula county community agency & they told me they couldn’t help me to contact catholic charities. I contacted them & they made it sound like they can help me out with security deposit & first month rent when I do find a place but nothing after that. I tried to get my child support lowered but my lawyer said they wouldn’t lower it. I’m not a lazy person that is looking for everything free to be handed to me in life. I worked since I was 16 & im almost 32 now. I’m just trying to survive on my own since all my money I make is being taken away from me. Would be nice to just be able to put a roof over my head & be poor. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

  2. Dean3

    August 15, 2017 at 6:52 am

    Seeking answers myself but hang in there dude! Dunno if you metal or not but if you are devildrivers just run will set ya right! Run right at man! Youll feel it get better, cuz it cant get much worse! Peace good luck

  3. Mike

    August 24, 2017 at 10:10 pm

    I’m in a similar bind. I have to choose between child support and rent. I can’t choose whether to eat or not because that’s already chosen. I spend a good portion of my time in and out of hospitals due to fainting in public which is caused by low blood sugar. I have to give another necessity to pay child support. My next one is rent. Child support said if my daughter stayed with me sometimes then it may be lower. Unfortunately I don’t make enough to get my own place.
    I currently rent a room which is no overnight guest policy so i have no place to keep her. If i can’t pay rent I guess I will have a place to keep her overnight, it’s called my car. Don’t know what child support will say about that but at least I will be spending time with her.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.