Grants for Military Spouses

Grants for Military Spouses – As we all know, education expenses are getting more expensive every year. For some people, this is not the situation they need to worry about. They can go to any school they want to go to because they can deal with the expenses very well. In the meantime, some people still need some help to cope with the expensive education cost. Many of them have been juggling with side jobs for extra money so that they can keep their plan to get a higher education level going. For the spouse of the active military service member, you can get the opportunity to pursue a higher education level without worrying about the educational expenses. The Department of Defense of the United States has offered financial assistance for the spouses of active military service members. These Grants for military spouses give a chance to the spouses of active military service members to pursue higher education levels.

Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts also known as MyCAA is a program that provides grants for military spouses for the spouses of active military service members who need financial assistance to cover educational expenses. Who is eligible for this program? Not all spouses of active military service members are eligible, only those whose spouse is in a certain pay grade can apply for grants for military spouses of the MyCAA program. They are including spouses of active duty service members in pay grades E-1 to E-5, W-1 to W-2, and O-1 to O-2. In addition, the spouse of Activated Guard and Reserve members can apply too.


Grants for Military Spouses Program by MyCAA

How much can the grants for military spouses offered by MyCAA program cover? The program offers up to $4,000 of financial assistance with maximum $2,000 a year. The fund awarded can be used by the spouse of the active military service member to pay tuition for course and training. In addition, these grants can be also useful for the teacher, nurse, or some other professions to pay state certification. However, we cannot use the money we get for any reimbursements, school equipment, course or anything for preparation for a school exam.

If you are interested in grants for military spouses offered through MyCAA program, make sure your spouse is in the pay grades required by the program so that you can be considered eligible for the grant program. The application process is quite simple, but it is not easy to get through.

The application process of grants for military spouses offered through MyCAA program.

  • The first thing that needs to do is visit MyCAA Spouse Portal and enter the spouse profile information. At this point, DEERS will check for the eligibility. The eligible applicant can establish the MyCAA account.
  • When the account has been established, the next thing to do is building a Career Training Plan.
  • Request for financial assistance within 30 days of course start dates.
  • Once we have finished all the application processes, within 15 days the program will send the financial assistance you have been expecting through an online invoicing system to the chosen school.