Research Grants For Women in Science – Nowadays there are more and more women in the field of science comparing to the last few decades. One of the encouragements for them to enter the field is the availability Research Grants For Women in Science of various research grants for women in science. These research grants are provided and funded by the federal government, states government as well as various non-profit organization and community that looks to encourage gender equality and giving more chance to women to participate in the field of science.
As mentioned before there are many available research grants for women in science. Here in this article, we will provide a list of the research grants based on information from montana.edu and berkeley.edu to help interested applicant to find one specific grant that applies to her situation. We also provide links that will direct you to a page that will provide more information as well as the way to apply for the grants. Here is the list:
List of Research Grants For Women in Science
- American Society for Microbiology: The institution offering research grants for women in science with the title “Career Development Grants for Postdoctoral Women”. This grant is awarded for postdoctoral women with exceptional accomplishment in science as well as has the potential for research in the microbiology field. For application and further information you can visit this website: American Society for Microbiology
- Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology (FASEB): The institution offering a research grant for their female members with excellent achievement in biological science.
- NSF (National Science Foundation): The foundation offering a research grants for women in science with the title “ Research in Gender Science and Education” The purpose of this program is to encourage women’s participation in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) education through support on their research, research dissemination, and other educational services. For more information about this research grants for women in science visit this URL: http://www.nsf.gov/publications/pub_summ.jsp?ods_key=nsf10516&org=NSF
- Jeannette Rankin Foundation Women’s Education Fund: This grant has the main purpose to encourage women to pursue their undergraduate education despite their financial difficulty. The targets to receive this grant are women with low income, and at least thirty years old of age. For further information about this grant, you can visit the foundation website at URL: http://www.rankinfoundation.org/.
- Society for Women Engineers (SWE) scholarships: The institution offering scholarships for women as part of its national educational activities. Each year SWE gives over 70 individual scholarship awards, the number of scholarships varied from $1000 to over $10,000 per year in a total of more than $250,000 per year. The website for this scholarship is http://societyofwomenengineers.swe.org/
- AWIS or Association for Women in Science Educational Foundation: This foundation offering educational grants for women to study in the field of physical, behavioral, life or social science as well as engineering program. Each year the foundation awarded five to ten grants. For more information about this research grants for women in science and how to apply, you can visit the foundation website at http://www.awis.org/.
- Selected Funding Opportunities for Women applicants. montana.edu/wrt/fundingwomen.html
- Funding Opportunities for Women and Minorities. spo.berkeley.edu/fund/womenminority.html
- Images: wlu.ca