Government Funding for Immigrants – The difficulty for immigrants to get a proper job in the U.S due to tight competition often forces them to create their own small business. However, creating their own business from scratch is no easy task for them too. The common problem they face in order to be able to do it is the lack of fund to start the business. New immigrants usually arrive at the States with no or minimum amount of money, they also have no credit so asking for a loan from a bank is not an option. In such a situation, the best solution is to look for government grants for immigrants.
According to Jasonwu.hubpages.com finding government grants for immigrants is ideal for such situation because unlike loans from the bank or other financial institution grants for immigrants to start a business don’t require you to pay it back, along with its interest. You can find the grants by searching through the government official website for the grant at grants.gov. Besides the government, you can also find grants funded by a non-profit institution with the purpose to help to develop the community.
Free Government Grants for Immigrants
In order to find grants for immigrants to start a business or just the government grants for immigrants, you have to know the rights steps in the searching and application process, especially for new immigrants with no bank credit. To help you through the process we will provide you step by step instructions and tips based on information from trusted websites such as Jasonwu.hubpages.com, grant.gov and e-how.com. Here are the instructions:
- Visit the website of state secretary where you live, look for the address of state development agencies or economic development agencies offices. Ask if there is any state program that offers business grants to start or expand a business
- Read the CFDA or Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance. The catalogue contains important information on various business grants provided through federal programs and agencies. Find grants for immigrants to start a business that is relevant to your field of business.
- Visit the Foundation Center website to find a list of corporations and charitable foundation programs that may be relevant to your business plan. Utilize the large database of the Foundation centre to locate the business grants. You can also find information about business grants and how to apply for them on the resources part.
- After you find several grants for immigrants to start a business you are interested in, the next step is to review those grants opportunities. Read thoroughly the information details of those grants to find out about eligibility criteria or requirements for the interested applicant. Some government grants are provided for specific applicants such as women-owned business, minorities or new immigrants. Some grants are provided for specific business type, location or annual revenue. Pay attention to these criteria and make sure that your application complies with the grants’ requirement.
- The final step is to apply for the grants for immigrants to start a business. Follow carefully the instructions details and fill out the application form meticulously. Attached the entire necessary document for the application process. Before you finally submit the application, review for the last time to eliminate spelling and grammar mistake.
- How to Get Business Grants With No Credit. ehow.com/how_4923168_business-grants-no-credit.html#ixzz2dQOwJo4X
- Business Grants for Immigrants. jasonwu.hubpages.com/hub/businessgrantsforimmigrants
- Images: unfpa.org