State Farm Roadside Assistance – What if you can actually rely on your car insurance if your car suddenly broke down when you’re on the road, and you have no experience dealing with the car’s engine? The State Farm roadside emergency service is an excellent coverage provided by the State Farm car insurance. The assistance is included in the so-called Coverage H option, which offers several services related to the emergency during your trip.
As we’ve said earlier, facing an unexpected break down without any proper knowledge of the car’s engine might leave you (and your family, if you’re going on a trip together) to become stranded. Having the State Farm Coverage H can really add security and ensure that this will never happen to you.
State Farm Roadside Assistance Coverage
The State Farm car insurance’s Coverage H offers more than just roadside assistance. Below are the complete list of what they are capable of doing in order to help you:
- Moving the car to a safe location so that the vehicle can be repaired safely and without obstructing the traffic
- Deliver gas, oil, radiator water or other needed fluids for your car ensuring that the car has everything it needs to continue its journey
- They can assist you to replace the tire of the car
- Do minor mechanical fixes if possible so that you can continue your trip immediately such as battery jumpstart, locksmith, etc
- If the car’s engine has complex mechanical failure, the roadside assistance will help towing the car to a nearby repair facility
- Last but not least, all the cost are free because the State Farm car insurance policy under the Coverage H option will cover all of the costs needed
Please do note that just like almost every insurance plan, there are some limitations to the coverage. Therefore, it is always wise to carefully read all of the terms and conditions in your car insurance policy to ensure that you will be getting what you need. Trust me, when it comes to insurance reading their policy is arguably one of the most important thing to do.
The Cost of State Farm Roadside Coverage H
The Coverage H cost is different depending on the state you’re living in. Likewise, the coverage limitation is also varied. The additional premium cost of this program is usually between $16 and $28. You may think that this is expensive, but to be honest when compared to the real cost of roadside emergency, the value over money is pretty good. This is especially true if you are unfamiliar with handling the car’s engine and machinery, and if you travel a lot.
What if I already have the State Farm car insurance without the Coverage H option enabled?
If that’s the case (or you just prefer not to include the Coverage H in your insurance plan), then that’s okay too. The Coverage H is optional so you’re not obligated to have them. What’s great is that the company claims that they still provide access to the roadside services, although you still have to pay for them at a discounted rate. The price is usually lower than the price offered for the same typical services.
One last bit of advice, although the roadside assistance from State Farm is indeed useful, you need to make sure that you don’t already have a similar coverage. Many membership-only car clubs offer such service, and new and extended warranties may also have the same coverage. Make sure you check thoroughly, because you don’t want to pay double for one service, right?
You can contact the State Farm car insurance agent or office in your local area to find out more about this State Farm emergency roadside assistance program. We sincerely hope that this post help!
PS. For Muslim, Plese avoid interest rate from the insurance company!!
- How do you contact State Farm assistance?
- About the State Farm Assist Patrol Program
- State Farm car insurance emergency road service coverage: what you should know
- Image: akronohiomoms.com