The federal government offers free laptops for low-income families, implementing various strict limitations. The government may also limit the program, along with the various actions, that makes it hard for most of the families to apply for the free government laptops application form.
Besides the federal body, there are many non-profit communities and local organizations that offer the same but with lesser limitations. The government bodies assist these organizations in social work.
These non-profit communities issue cheap or free laptops/computers for people who are in need. They publish application forms that have to be filled by low-income families.
So, here we have listed the organizations and non-profit communities that provide free laptops to the needed ones. Also, check out for how to apply for their respective application forms-
Smartriverside is a non-profit organization established in 2006 that provides no-cost or affordable computers and laptops to help low-income families. They restore used PCs/laptops and install the Microsoft Operating System and Microsoft Office suite. The staff also provides free support to whosoever receives the PCs. The application form is available on the Smartriverside website.
- Eligibility – Families in Riverside with a total income below $ 45,000 and who complete a free 8-hour training course are eligible for free PCs.
EveryoneOn is a national non-profit community that offers social as well as economic opportunities by helping low-income families connect to the internet. While they may not always provide laptops, but they refurbish computers and sell them for an extremely low price. They also offer various free courses and training for the un-privileged ones from almost 50 states.
- Eligibility – This program is available for families with a yearly income of $35,000 or less than that.
COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY ASSISTANCE CORPS
Computer Technology Assistance Corps (CTAC) is an organization providing grants to low-income families. These organizations help people looking for laptops. People may also search for other options available, such as Army, Goodwill, Salvation SmartRiverSide, etc. This community often works in collaboration with government and technology-related companies such as Microsoft.
- Eligibility – To fill the free laptop application form, an applicant must be receiving some form of state/federal assistance. In case you do not get any assistance, then the laptops will be offered at a slightly higher fee. Other than that, Not-For-Profit, Public or Private Schools, Public libraries, and Faith-Based community service programs are also eligible.
To apply online,
- Individuals and families have to visit – http://ctac-nh.zohosites.com/apply-individual.html
- Nonprofits, Public libraries, Schools, community service programs have to visit – http://ctac-nh.zohosites.com/apply-non-profit.html
“With Causes” is a national organization offering refurbished laptops and computers. They review every help request and then determine if they can provide their assistance or not. They mostly donate laptops and computers who need it. Also, their products are in working condition.
With several commercial sponsors, this organization has a bigger supply and helps more people in need. If you want to get free laptops and computers, then fill their form, available on the website.
- Eligibility – To apply for the grant, you have to fill the application form, which the organization will review.
THE ON IT FOUNDATION
The On It Foundation is a program for providing free computers to K-12 students and their families. The main aim of the organization is to bridge the ‘Digital Divide’ by providing the students of low-income families with a free refurbished computer along with at least 20 hours of computer training.
- Eligibility – To qualify for free computer equipment and fill the free laptop application form, the student must get a free/reduced school lunch as well as should attend a public school in the United States.
WORLD COMPUTER EXCHANGE
World Computer Exchange offers one of the best opportunities for low-income families to get refurbished laptops or free government laptops. They have a keen interest in providing computers and the internet for the youth of the nation. They also have the aim of developing countries and have been associated with more than 51 countries now. Along with that, the World Computer Exchange works with governments, schools, libraries, NGOs, and many other parties to support those who are in need.
- Eligibility – To get this grant, the applicant should be less than 24 years of age.
CFY.Org is an amazing source of resources to get free or cheap laptops. It is a national organization that is committed to helping students, parents, and teachers to improve the educational outcomes of society. Besides, they also provide a free internet package and learning software. The best part is that they have a help desk for people who have IT and internet related problems. This is a factor that makes it a better and more useful program than the others. Therefore, it is worth for you to check their website in case you need a free computer for low-income families. To get the free laptop application form, you have to visit the official website of CFY.Org and apply for it.
- Eligibility – It is a grant offered to only students, teachers, and parents.
COMPUTERS FOR LEARNING
Computers For Learning is an organization that works to encourage and promote the use of excess federal computer software and hardware. They refurbish the equipment and distribute them in schools, colleges, and universities. Not just that, they also send the equipment to organizations for helping people.
- Eligibility – Applicants of this grant must be located in the United States, American Samoa, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, Guam, or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. Any school is eligible to receive the grant for Learning program if it is public, private, or parochial and serves pre-kindergarten through grade 12 students.
It is evident that there are various sources to get free laptops, apart from the government. You don’t need to fill free government laptop application form for low-income families, to get these grants but have to apply for the respective ones. These are non-profit organizations that have the aim of doing something good for the community and help it grow more prosperous. Also, most of them want to keep the environment clean by recycling laptops for free or at a very low cost.
So, if you know someone who is in search of free laptops and computers, help them by sharing this information with them.