With changing times, the meaning of education has evolved, especially for Muslim women! If you see, employers who were first looking for a high school diploma are asking for a college degree. As a result, there are now more graduates competing with each other for fewer jobs.
The primary challenge to education
The main challenge here is that the cost of education is rising tremendously. Interestingly, the United States Department of Education (U.S.D.E.) states that the tuition fee increased from 540 percent from the 1900s to this date!
Indeed, in this blog, we provide legit scholarship options for Muslim women students. Yes, there are several Islamic centers all across the country, but we try to enhance the educational opportunities for Muslim women. So, here is a quick read about the scholarships for Muslim women.
Scholarships for Muslim women
Now, most colleges are encouraging women to participate in their educational programs. These scholarships target women from different categories. Some may be for minority women, some for single mothers. Also, there are some for specific geographical regions and a few for women who want to continue education.
Indeed, these are specifically intended for Muslim women.
So, to start with the first one,
Sisters in Solidarity to Educate Respond and Serve (S.I.S.T.E.R.S.)
One of those scholarships highlights the civic and academic Achaemenes of young Muslim women in the D.C. Metropolitan area. Here are the criteria which need to be fulfilled to apply for this scholarship:
- Applicant should be accepted to or should be studying in a college
- She should be a Muslim female
- G.P.A. of at least 3.5
- Be active in the community
- Provide an essay, transcript, and recommendation
The Star and Crescent Society
It is a group of Muslimahs from North Carolina. They exist for improvements and services of their community. One of the most popular ways through which they do so is through their Rising Star Scholarship. So, to get selected for this, the applicant should submit their applications before April 1 each year.
Check out the eligibility criteria to apply for the Rising Star Scholarship:
- Muslim women
- Maintain at least a 3.0 GPA
- Be active and participate in community programs
The Muslim Women’s Association (M.W.A.)
It is based in Washington, DC. And it aims to share Muslim culture and history with all others.
In addition, the organization supports Muslim women to fulfill their educational goals. Here is the complete information to be a part of the Muslim Women Association.
Indeed apart from other charitable activities, they also help Muslim women with education. So, women can expect scholarship assistance for young and aspiring Muslim women. So, yes, with the help of this scholarship, you can study and attend colleges in Washington DC, the metropolitan area.
Visit the site for more information- https://dcmwa.org/
DR. ADAWIA ALOUSI Scholarship Fund Application
The scholarship amount is between $2,500 to $10,000 per student for graduate and undergraduate programs. Plus, if you can maintain satisfactory academic performance, the scholarship can be renewed again.
Check out the eligibility criteria to apply for these scholarships:
- Identify as a Muslim women
- S.T.E.M. program with accreditation
- Demonstrate your financial need
- High school G.P.A. should be 3.6 or higher for incoming fresher, plus an A.C.T. score of 29 or higher is best.
- If you are currently an undergraduate student, you should maintain a G.P.A. of 3.4 or higher.
- Indeed, for all the graduate students, the cumulative G.P.A. should be 3.5 or higher.
- Next, you have to list all the research activities. Plus, submitting the work you did in student organizations will help.
- Finally, agree to provide data upon graduation for your career.
American Muslim Women’s Association
It’s a non-profit which is working for women and families for self-sufficiency since 1997. The A.M.W.A. scholarship helps aspiring Muslim women. Generally, the amount with which they help is $500. The criteria for applying to this scholarship is as follows:
- It would help if you had a minimum G.P.A. of 2.70
- The residency should be Arizona
- Demonstrate the financial need
- You should be a legal U.S. citizen
With the application form, you may need to submit the following documents:
- Expense and Income form
- Loans and grants, or other scholarship details
- Extracurricular activities and community activities
- Two or more letters of recommendation
- A copy of the transcript can be unofficial or official
Education is essential to survive in this world. Unlike women in the past who did homely works, now women need to change society. With the help of scholarships and grants for Muslim women, they can positively impact the community.
Plus, getting scholarships for higher studies will make it possible for maximum women to pursue their career goals. It will, in turn, affect the lifestyle of the complete family. So indeed more educated women are, the more are the families’ value in the future.