Vanderbilt Scholarships – Cornelius Vanderbilt has passed away, but his spirit remains. With a university named in his honor, Vanderbilt University, the spirit to pursue goals and high achievement like the one Cornelius Vanderbilt has would plague every student that study in this university. As we already know, study is part of success. Many people have proved it, but many people who are still struggling to get proper education for better future. Regarding to this, Vanderbilt University tries to help people who keep struggling to get proper education by offering Vanderbilt scholarships. Since the scholarships offered are merit-based, the applicants must have and show special achievement and intellectual to get the scholarships.
The scholarship recipients have chance to renew the award only if they can maintain exceptional academic performance.
Three Signature Vanderbilt Scholarship Programs
1. Ingram scholarships
The main objective of this scholarship is to encourage Vanderbilt University students to combine professional career with commitment to community service. This Vanderbilt scholarships program supports students who have a plan to take part in providing solution to social problem.
2. Cornelius Vanderbilt Scholarships
The programs started in 2007. The main objective of this scholarship programs is to unit and strengthen all the Vanderbilt’s existing full tuition academic merit scholarships under the aegis of a coordinated and cohesive scholarship program. This program is designated to honor the vision of founder of Vanderbilt University that wanted to make a bond for the entire section in Vanderbilt University.
3. Chancellor’s Scholarship
The main objective of the program that was initiated by Chancellor Joe B. Wyatt in 1985 is to recognize students with outstanding leadership, strength of character, academic achievement, and a deep-seated commitment to diversity and social justice. The fund raised though gift give by alumni, students, faculty, staff, corporation, and friends
There will be no tuition need to be paid by the recipients, as the scholarships have covered it. There is more, the recipients will have a chance to get stipend on one time for financing study abroad or research. The additional fund to cover the exceeded education costs is also available for the scholars. The scholarship program requires the scholar to maintain twenty hours per month service commitment plus to complete one summer service project.
How to be eligible of Vanderbilt scholarships
In order to be eligible for the Vanderbilt scholarships, students need to complete all the requirements ask by the administrator. Apart from that, students interested in being considered for the Vanderbilt scholarships must submit both the student information form and application form of the scholarship program that students want to apply.
Systematic Guide to Apply Vanderbilt Scholarships
· Complete the online application form
· For the Chancellor’s scholarship, you have to download and submit the Chancellor’s Scholarship Letter of Reference pdf
· If you are interested to apply Ingram scholarship, you will have different Scholarship Letter of Reference. Students who are going to apply Ingram scholarship need to put two references to provide recommendation in support of students’ application for the Ingram scholarship program.
- Chancellor’s Scholars, vanderbilt.edu/scholarships/chancellor.php
- Cornelius Vanderbilt Scholarship Program, vanderbilt.edu/scholarships/signature.php
- Ingram Scholarship Program, vanderbilt.edu/scholarships/ingram.php
- Merit Scholarship Opportunities, vanderbilt.edu/scholarships/
- Images: vanderbilt.edu