Assurance Wireless is like a special phone company owned by T-Mobile. It gives free phones and phone service to people who need help paying for it. How to get a new assurance wireless phone? If you qualify, you can get one free phone and phone service plan for your household. You might qualify if you don’t make much money or if you’re part of other government assistance programs.
If you want to know if you can get a free phone and cell service, just keep reading to learn more about this phone company.
How to Get a New Assurance Wireless Phone
To get Assurance Wireless replacement phone online and service free, you need to meet specific requirements set by the Lifeline Assistance Program or Affordable Connectivity Program. These requirements can differ depending on your state, but generally, you might qualify if you’re already getting help from another government program.
These programs could include things like Medicaid, Food Stamps (also known as SNAP), Supplemental Security Income, or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, among others. If you’re not part of any of these programs, you may still be eligible for Assurance Wireless based on your income. To know your qualification based on states, you can check it here.
To apply for Assurance Wireless, visit their website and locate the “Apply Now” section. Enter your Zip code to begin the application process in your state. During the application, you’ll need to provide proof of your eligibility, which can include documentation of your enrollment in another government assistance program or proof of your income.
Assurance Wireless Plans
This phone company offers two phone plans to choose from. First, it is Lifeline and ACP Unlimited Plan. The Assurance Unlimited plan combines the benefits of the Lifeline Assistance Program and the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). It provides unlimited voice minutes, unlimited text messages, unlimited data, and 10GB of mobile hotspot data.
Well, after using 35GB of data in a month, your internet speeds may reduce during times of heavy network congestion. This deprioritization threshold is quite generous, considering that most people use about 5-8GB of data per month. With 35GB, you can watch approximately 60 hours of standard-definition video.
The second option is Lifeline-Only Plan. It offers voice minutes (with limits that vary by state), unlimited text messages, and 4.5GB of mobile data. If you need more data, you have the option to purchase assurance wireless phone upgrade data, and each upgrade also includes unlimited talk minutes:
- $15 for 500MB
- $20 for 1GB
- $30 for 4GB
- $45 for 10GB
These plans cater to different needs, so you can choose the one that best suits your usage and preferences.
Assurance Wireless Coverage
This phone company relies on T-Mobile’s networks to offer you cellular service. T-Mobile’s coverage is excellent in major cities and suburbs, where they provide robust 4G LTE service. However, coverage in rural areas may not be as extensive, and there’s room for improvement.
On top of that, you can benefit from T-Mobile’s 5G network, which leads the nation in coverage. But please keep in mind that to access 5G, you’ll need a 5G-compatible phone. Currently, there is no Assurance Wireless phones 5G for free. If you already own a 5G smartphone, you can bring it to this phone company and enjoy 5G connectivity.
Assurance Wireless Phones
The phone company offers free Android phones. But, please note that they do not offer iPhones as Assurance Wireless replacement phone online free. Android phones are typically budget-level smartphones, and you’ll receive one if you’re eligible for their service. Here are some of the phones you might get:
- Alcatel Dawn
- Coolpad Illumina
- Kyocera Hydro Reach
- Moto G Pure
- REVVL 4 Plus
- ZTE Quest
Also, if you’re an existing customer and your phone is lost or damaged, you may qualify for a replacement under their standard one-year warranty.
For those who don’t qualify for the Lifeline Assistance Program or Affordable Connectivity Program and need to pay for cell service, there’s good news. There are plenty of low-cost phone plans available from various MVNOs (Mobile Virtual Network Operators). These plans might have limited data, but they can be a cost-effective option, especially if you can frequently connect to Wi-Fi networks.
How to Get A Replacement Phone from Assurance Wireless
Getting a replacement phone from Assurance Wireless in 2023 is simple. Assurance Wireless is a government-supported program that offers free cell phone service to eligible low-income households. If your Assurance Wireless phone stops working or gets damaged, you may be able to get it replaced for free. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to get a new Assurance Wireless phone replacement:
1. Check Your Eligibility
The first step is to check if you are still eligible for the Assurance Wireless program. To qualify, you must be enrolled in certain government assistance programs like Medicaid, Food Stamps (SNAP), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA), Veterans Pension, or Survivors Pension benefits.
If you are unsure about your eligibility, you can call Assurance Wireless customer support. Here is Assurance Wireless phone replacement number: 1-888-321-5880 to verify your eligibility status. Make sure to have your account information ready when you call.
2. When You Can Get a Replacement
Assurance Wireless provides a free phone replacement once every 12 months to eligible customers. So, if your phone has been damaged, stopped working, or got lost or stolen less than a year after you received it, you can get it replaced for free. If it has been over 12 months, you may have to pay Assurance Wireless phone replacement fee. The fee amount can vary but is usually between $20 to $35.
3. Contact Assurance Wireless Support
To start the replacement process, you need to contact Assurance Wireless customer support. The quickest way is to call Assurance Wireless phone replacement number at 1-888-321-5880. When you call, let the customer service representative know that your phone needs to be replaced. Have your Assurance Wireless account information ready to verify your identity.
4. Provide Required Information
The Assurance Wireless representative will ask you some questions to process your replacement request. Here are some of the key details you need to provide:
- The make and model of your phone that needs to be replaced.
- What is the problem with your phone – is it damaged, not working properly, lost/stolen?
- When did you receive your current phone? Provide an approximate date if possible.
- Your account details – phone number, billing address, date of birth.
- Shipping address where you want the replacement phone to be delivered.
Providing complete and accurate information will help expedite your replacement phone request.
5. Receive SIM Card and Instructions
After verifying your information and eligibility, Assurance Wireless will ship out a replacement phone SIM card to you. This usually arrives within 5-7 business days. Along with the SIM card, you will also receive instructions on how to activate it and start using your Assurance Wireless service on the new phone.
6. Activate Your Replacement Phone
Once you receive the new SIM card, you will need to activate it in your replacement Assurance Wireless phone. Here are the steps to follow:
- Turn on your new replacement phone and go through the setup process.
- Insert the Assurance Wireless SIM card into your phone. The card slot is usually on the side or back of the phone.
- Follow the activation instructions provided with the SIM card. Usually, you will need to dial a short activation code like *611#.
- You may be prompted to restart your phone. After restarting, your phone will connect to the Assurance Wireless network.
- Try making a test call to confirm your service is activated. Visit your account dashboard on the Assurance Wireless website to check your new phone’s number if needed.
Here are some troubleshooting tips in case you face any problems while getting or activating your Assurance Wireless replacement phone:
- If you don’t receive the SIM card within 2 weeks of requesting a replacement, contact customer support to track your order.
- Make sure to insert the SIM card correctly into your replacement phone. It goes into a slot on the side or back of the phone.
- When activating the SIM card, dial the activation code carefully and restart your phone when prompted.
- If service does not activate properly, Assurance Wireless may need to reprogram the SIM card. Contact them for help.
- For bringing your existing phone number to your new replacement phone, coordinate with Assurance Wireless support.
- If you receive an error message about your account when trying to activate, double-check your eligibility status first.
FAQ – How to Get a New Assurance Wireless Phone Online
What is Assurance Wireless, and how can I get a new phone through them?
Assurance Wireless is a government-supported program that provides free cell phone service to eligible low-income households. To get a new phone through this phone company, you need to be eligible for their program. Once eligible, you can request a replacement phone if your current one is damaged, lost, or not working properly.
Am I eligible for Assurance Wireless?
Eligibility requirements may vary by state, but generally, you qualify if you are participating in certain government assistance programs like Medicaid, Food Stamps (SNAP), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA), Veterans Pension or Survivors Pension benefit, and more. You can also be eligible based on your income in some cases.
How often can I get a replacement phone from Assurance Wireless?
Assurance Wireless provides one free phone replacement per eligible customer every 12 months. If your phone becomes damaged or stops working within a year of receiving it, you can request a replacement at no cost.
What if it has been more than 12 months since I received my Assurance Wireless phone?
If it has been over 12 months since you received your Assurance Wireless phone, you may still be able to get a replacement, but there could be a replacement fee involved. The fee amount may vary but is typically between $20 to $35.
How do I request a replacement phone from Assurance Wireless?
To request a replacement phone, you need to contact Assurance Wireless customer support. You can reach them at 1-888-321-5880. When you call, inform the representative that you need a replacement phone and have your Assurance Wireless account information ready for verification.
What information do I need to provide when requesting a replacement phone?
When requesting a replacement phone, you will need to provide key details such as:
- The make and model of your current phone.
- The issue with your phone (damage, not working, lost/stolen).
- The approximate date you received your current phone.
- Your account details, including phone number, billing address, and date of birth.
- The shipping address where you want the replacement phone to be delivered.
What happens after I request a replacement phone?
Once you contact Assurance Wireless and request a replacement, they will process your request. If approved, they will send you a new SIM card for your replacement phone, along with instructions on how to activate it.
How do I activate the replacement phone and start using Assurance Wireless service on it?
To activate the replacement phone, follow these steps:
- Turn on the new replacement phone and complete the setup process
- Insert the Assurance Wireless SIM card into the phone (usually in a slot on the side or back).
- Follow the activation instructions provided with the SIM card, which often involve dialing a short activation code (e.g., *611#).
- You may be prompted to restart your phone. After restarting, your phone will connect to the Assurance Wireless network.
- Make a test call to confirm your service is activated, and you can also check your new phone’s number on the Assurance Wireless website if needed.
What should I do if I encounter issues during the activation process or if I don’t receive the replacement SIM card?
If you face any issues during activation or if you don’t receive the SIM card within two weeks of requesting a replacement, contact Assurance Wireless customer support for assistance. They can help troubleshoot and guide you through the process.
Are there any troubleshooting tips I should be aware of?
Yes, here are some troubleshooting tips:
- Ensure you insert the SIM card correctly into your replacement phone.
- Dial the activation code carefully when activating the SIM card and restart your phone when prompted.
- If the service does not activate correctly, contact Assurance Wireless for assistance.
- When transferring your existing phone number to the replacement phone, coordinate with Assurance Wireless support.
- If you receive an error message about your account during activation, double-check your eligibility status first.
Can I bring my own phone to Assurance Wireless?
Assurance Wireless primarily offers free Android phones. If you have a compatible phone, you may be able to bring your own device to the phone company, but it’s important to check with them for compatibility and activation instructions.
Are there any alternatives if I’m not eligible for Assurance Wireless?
If you are not eligible for Assurance Wireless, there are plenty of low-cost phone plans available through various mobile virtual network operators (MVNOs). These plans may require payment, but they offer affordable options with different data and talk/text allowances.
Remember that eligibility requirements and available services may vary by location, so it’s essential to verify your eligibility and check the specific terms and conditions with Assurance Wireless for the most accurate information.