Culinary School Grants are much like scholarships and do not have to be paid back. Grant resources are provided by the federal government for students attending schools, including career colleges and universities, such as culinary arts school. By completing a culinary program and earning a certificate or degree in the field, you will create yourself as a capable culinary professional. You will be prepared to undertake the challenges of the culinary business, and above all, be competitive when it comes to finding the best jobs with excellent salaries.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median yearly wage and salary earnings of restaurant cooks was $38,770 in 2008 but some reported earning less than $22,120 — barely a living wage, depending upon where you live. As you may have guessed, this means that culinary arts students are much more likely to default on student loans than students with higher-paying majors.
There are annual award limits for grants, with the average grant providing up to $4,000 per year. Some grants, such as the Federal Pell Grant, may provide more than $5,000 annually.
Culinary School Grants are available just about everywhere. Sites like Chef2Chef and Le Cordon Bleu are very helpful to potential and current students but to find culinary scholarships as well as other scholarships and grants you may be eligible to receive based on different criteria. The road to making a good living in this career may be tough, but getting through school will bring you one step closer.
Top Culinary School Grants
1. Penn Foster Career School
Students interested in becoming a caterer will enjoy the program offered by Penn Foster Career School. Penn Foster has classes completely on-line so students never have to leave their home.
You can improve your event planning skills for a promotion or new job? Culinary Arts and Entertaining is an exciting field with a lot of excellent choices. Penn Foster is here to assist you in finding the right program.
- Caterer Career Diploma
- Travel and Tourism Specialist Career Diploma
- Wedding Planner – ABC® Certified Career Diploma
2. Ashworth College
With a web-based application accessible, students can start a career in the culinary arts quickly and easily.
The online cooking classes consist of 22 comprehensive lessons. Each lesson introduces essential concepts and methods, as well as your textbook is full of hundreds of delicious recipes that encourage you to practice at home. Key concepts include…
- Food guide pyramid
- Selecting the right supplies and equipment
- Slicing, chopping, dicing, and mincing
- Selecting and using herbs and spices
- Principals of meat cookery
You can go to the official website to know more about the details, objectives, careers, and tuition.
3. The Culinary Institute of America
The Culinary Institute of America is a high quality program for students interested in learning the culinary arts from some of the best chefs in the country.
This programs have been designed to help you quickly acquire the knowledge, skills and confidence you will need to pursue your chosen career in the culinary arts. Class sizes are limited, which means you will get personalized attention from professional chef educators dedicated to passing down the traditions and techniques of the forefather of modern cuisine, Auguste Escoffier.
Plus, you’ll graduate with access to a lifetime of professional career services, benefits and support, including part-time culinary jobs arranged in conjunction with your studies, placement assistance throughout the culinary industry and networking opportunities with alumni & industry professionals.
4. Le Cordon Bleu
Among the highest respected cooking schools, Le Cordon Bleu has graduated some of the top chef’s currently working in restaurants around the country today.
Le Cordon Bleu is believed to be the guardian of French culinary technique through its culinary programs that continue to preserve and pass on the mastery and appreciation of the culinary arts that have been the cornerstone of French gastronomy for over 500 years.
Review Culinary School Grants application for eligibility and application procedures. Applications should be submitted with all supporting documentation by the deadline listed on the application. Only complete applications will be considered by the scholarship review committee.
- Culinary Scholarships : scholarships.com/financial-aid/college-scholarships/scholarships-by-major/culinary-scholarships/
- The Ultimate Guide to Culinary School Grants : culinaryschoolguide.org/faqs/the-ultimate-guide-to-culinary-school-grants/
- Culinary School Grants : culinaryschoolsnetwork.com/financial-aid/culinary-school-grants/
- Le Cordon Bleu : cordonbleu.edu/programs/International/en
- Escoffier School of Culinary Arts : collegesurfing.com/ce/escoffier-culinary-boulder/index-me.htm?campus_key=35276
- Caterer Training Online : pennfoster.edu/programs-and-degrees/culinary-arts-and-entertaining/caterer-career-diploma
- Gourmet Cooking and Catering : ashworthcollege.edu/career-diplomas/gourmet-cooking-catering
- Images : reluctantgourmet.com, bju.edu