- Government Grants for Student Loan Repayment
- AED Grants for Schools
- Financial Assistance for Funeral Expenses
- Online Schools for Medical Assistant With Financial Aid
- Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business Grants
- A Guide Of Vanguard Healthcare Fund
- Applying for Research Grants: The Tips
- Travel Grants for Graduate Students
- How to Get Video Game Grants
- If you’re a Poor Person in America, Trump’s Budget is not for You
USDA NIFA Grants
- Updated: February 13, 2017
USDA NIFA Grants – The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), through one of their agencies, the National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) provides financial support for researches, education, and programs that benefits the food and agricultural sciences by giving Federal government grants.
USDA NIFA Grants Field Priorities
Needless to say, the USDA NIFA Grants priority goes to food nutrition. However, there are other priorities, which include health and economics and community development. The National Institue of Food and Agriculture award goals is to improve the impact of food, agricultural and natural resource sciences and to grow support for agricultural education, research, and extension programs. Below are the list of emphasis area available for grant opportunities:
- Agricultural and Food Biosecurity
- Agricultural System
- Animals and Animal’s Product
- Biotechnology and Genomics
- Economics and Commerce
- Environment and Natural Resources
- Families, Youth and Communities
- Food, Nutrition and Health
- Pests Management
- Plants and Plant Products
- Technology and Engineering
The federal institute offers various grant opportunities, and each of the grant opportunities has their own deadline and subject. For example, the currently available grant opportunities are related to biomedicine research using domestic species, citrus disease research and extension, agriculture and food research initiative (AFRI), higher education multicultural scholars program (MSP), and the National Need Graduate and Postgraduate Fellowship program. There are many other grant types, but by the time this article is written, the deadline have passed so you can’t really apply for this grant in this year.
Here are some of the closed USDA NIFA Grants that will be available again for public next year:
- Affordable Care Act
- Alfalfa and Forage Research Program
- Biodiesel Fuel Education
- Biomass Research and Biobased Products
- Biotechnlogy Risk Assessment
- Aquaculture research
Visit our reference link below this post to learn more about these grants and their requirements. Each of the grant page will inform you the eligibility information, estimated total program funding, range of awards, opening and closing date for the grant application, contact person, cost sharing requirements, and most importantly, the online Request For Application (RFA) and the application forms. Click on the RFA link and the site will explain the evaluation criteria for the USDA NIFA Grants, and the instructions you must follow to submit the proper application.
In short, the RFA will guide you to complete your application, and then you will be guided to grants.gov to submit the completed USDA NIFA Grants application.
In general, the USDA NIFA grant is a great opportunity for people who are looking to fund their research. By April this year, the USDA have invested almost $24 million for 35 research projects that focuses on improving food safety trough microbial and chemical contamination control research in various foods.
For more information and questions, you can contact the USDA NIFA Grants by sending an email to email@example.com or make a call to 202-401-5048. You can call the USDA NIFA office during working hours (7:00 am to 5:00 pm ET).
- Grants. http://www.csrees.usda.gov/fo/funding.cfm#
- USDA-NIFA Awards $24 Million in Food Safety Research Grants. foodsafetymagazine.com/news/usda-nifa-awards-24-million-in-food-safety-research-grants/
- Grant Application Information. csrees.usda.gov/funding/application_info.html
- Images: dairygrazingapprenticeship.org, riverglenfarm.ca