- Grants for Dental Hygiene Students
- Financial Assistance for Breast Cancer Survivors
- Social Security W2 Service to Send Annual Wage Data
- Fashion Design Scholarships – Calculation of the Schedule for Submission
- Government Assistance For Convicted Felons
- US Navy ROTC Scholarship Requirements
- Donate Car to Charity California
- How to Get School Playground Equipment Grants
- Grants for School Furniture
- Zolp Scholarship from Loyola University
Technology Grants for Teachers
- Updated: January 22, 2017
Technology Grants for Teachers – As a teacher, having a good environment in your classroom is important, and one of the best ways to do it is to have positive activities and projects designed for your students. However, it is almost impossible to cover all of the expenses from your own pocket. Therefore, many teachers feel that they have limited options because they have limited fund.
One of the most challenging task is to update your classroom technology and gadgets. Since funding the technology updates for your classroom requires a lot of money, having a technology grant could be the best solution.
Technology Grant Opportunities for Teachers
This post focuses on providing information about available technology grant opportunities for teachers. Note that not all of the sources listed below are your direct grant providers. Some offers indirect help by allowing you to meet with generous donors who are willing to provide financial assistance for your technology-related projects or classroom.
If you are looking for computers for your class, you can try:
This organization provides refurbished used computers for classroom. In our opinion, this is the best source for free computer for school, because it recycles the computer for a better and meaningful purpose. The CRC distributes the second hand computers to the city’s Computers and Education program. You can send emails or visit their website to ask whether you are eligible or not. The link and email address are available on the reference section.
This program is quite similar to the CRC, but in general they provide newer computers from government agencies, and distribute them as classroom computers. You can request the application through the official site, and make sure you represent your school instead of your class. The school must be a k-12 public, private, or parochial school. Homeschooling may also apply for the program.
If you are looking for fresh money for technology-related projects, you can try:
The Digital Wish Grants provides technology grants for teachers, which is used for their classroom. The teacher must submit a technology-related lesson plan, and will compete with other applicants to win up to 50 technology grants. You can give it a try from the official site available in the reference section.
Although this program is not exactly falls into technology grants for teachers’ category, this is one of the best sources to find financial assistance for your classroom. The website allows the teachers and the donors to interact. Here’s how the system works:
First, the teacher makes a classroom profile, which should be filled with classroom experiences stories along with the technology devices wish list. This profile will be placed on the digitalwish site. The donors can browse through profiles, and pick the one they want to assist. There are two possibilities. First, the donors can purchase the item from the wish list for the classroom. Second, the donors can send financial aid directly to the teacher.
There are several other notable sources related to technology grants for teachers. The Corning Incorporated Foundation has an education grants that also cover technology grant for school, and the Donors Choose and Funding Factory provides the same mechanism as the Technology Donors Program.
Whichever you choose, I hope you can make the best use of the grants for teachers for technology.
- Donate Computer : crc.org/
- Computers for Learning : computersforlearning.gov/
- Apply for Grants : digitalwish.com/dw/digitalwish/grants
- Teachers Get Started : digitalwish.com/dw/digitalwish/teachers
- Information for Grant Seekers : corningincfoundation.org/guidelines/
- See what great teachers need for their students : Donorschoose.org
- Funding factory : fundingfactory.com/
- Images: iq-technologies.com