University of Alabama Scholarships – What does it take to obtain one of University of Alabama scholarships? The answer may vary depends on what type of scholarships you want to apply. However, all the scholarships offered by the University of Alabama are requiring the applicants to fulfill the entire prerequisite needed, which most of them are basically quite similar. There are few types of scholarship offered by University of Alabama, but this time we are going to learn about systematic step to obtain one of University of Alabama scholarships as a freshman.
Types of Scholarships offered by University of Alabama
- National Merit and National Achievement
- Academic Elite Scholarships
- National Alumni Association Crimson Scholarships
- In-State Scholarships
- Out-of-State Scholarships
- Coca-Cola First Generation Scholarship
- First Scholars Program
- External Scholarships
Apart from the scholarship types mentioned above, there are also scholarships offered for children or grandchildren of those who hold University of Alabama degree and member of the National Alumni Association. They are Alumni Heritage and Alumni Scholar Award.
Requirements needed to Apply University of Alabama Scholarships for Freshman
- First, the future applicant needs to complete the application of admission
- Once done, the applicant needs to complete the application for scholarships
- Handing official high school transcript
- Enclosing official test score on either the ACT or SAT
- Required scholarship documentation
Students must submit the completed admission application to University of Alabama before applying for the scholarship. The incoming freshmen should apply for the scholarship during the fall of their senior year of their high school. The priority date of scholarship application is December 1.
In order to be eligible for scholarships, the entering freshmen need to complete the scholarship application online. To complete the application, the freshmen need to log in at mybama.ua.edu with their username and password. Once the freshmen enter the page, then they must click on the academic tabs, and then the Application for Scholarships link in the Scholarships box. Once the process is finished, there is no possibility to make changes.
Systematic Guide to Apply University of Alabama Scholarships on myBama for Freshman
- Log in to at mybama.ua.edu with username and password. After that, click on the academic tabs, and then the Application for Scholarships link in the Scholarships box
- Select the button on the last page to be considered for scholarships you are eligible.
- Complete and submit the scholarship application on December 1 at the latest
- For transfer students, the priority date is March 1
Here is the example of scholarship offered by University of Alabama
National Merit or National Achievement
University of Alabama will offer Presidential Scholarships to semifinalist of National Merit or National Achievement that has been admitted to University of Alabama with a 3.5 cumulative grade point average. The scholarship awarded can cover education cost value for 4 years or 8 semesters. In order to become the recipient of this award successfully, students must be admitted by December 1 in their senior year of their high school.
The Benefits of Receiving University of Alabama scholarships through National Merit or National Achievement
- The recipient will get Presidential Scholarship that can cover the tuition for 4 years or 8 semesters
- The recipient will get 1 year of on-campus housing with regular room mate
- 4 years of National Merit or National Achievement scholarship worth $1000 per year
- The recipient will get $2,000 once for use in summer research or international study (after completing one year of study at UA)
- The recipient will also get an iPad
- Welcome to Undergraduate Scholarships
- Images: blog.al.com, auburn.edu, cis.ua.edu