Government Grants for Home Buyers – Buying a new home is always a delicate situation whether you a new couple looking to buy a new home to settle in or looking for new home because work or other situation force you to move town. One of the most common delicate factors in buying a home is the financial situation.
It often happens on people that want to buy their new house for the first time that they don’t have the necessary financial backing to do it. Even when they think that mortgage can help you through the process, they will face the reality that they are required to pay some down payment to show that you are able to pay the rest of the mortgage. “So what the solution for such situation?” you may ask that and to answer that we give you one great solution: government grants for home buyers.
Looking for housing grant from the government is a great solution because unlike a loan it doesn’t require you to pay it back in the future. According to E-how.com government grants for home buyers are available for people in various situations such as:
- A military veteran
- First time home buyers
- Financially disadvantaged
- Buying home for social purpose for example to build a foster house and soon
You can get government grants for home buyers if you know the steps to do it. So here we are providing you step by step instruction and tips on how to get the housing grant based on the information we summarized from trusted website such as HUD.gov, grants.gov and e-how.com. Here are the instructions:
- Visit the trusted website related to government grants for home buyers to obtain the necessary information on housing grants. The official government websites for this matter are grants.gov and hud.gov (Housing and Urban Development). In the websites you can also get useful info about available housing grants and how to register to the websites to apply for it.
- To be able to apply for government grants for home buyers you have to get Tax Identification Number or TIN if you are applying as individual or Employer Identification Number if you are applying as a business. You can get these numbers by visiting irs.gov website.
- If you want to apply for the housing grants online you will also need to get Data Universal Number System or DUNS number by calling Dun & Bradstreet at 866-705-5711. The whole process is easy, free, simple, and only takes you about 10 minutes.
- Register to grants.gov, look for government grants for home buyers that is specifically cater your need and situation. Utilize the search function on the website by clicking the “browse by category” button, and then choose the option “housing”. Make a list of grants program that applies to your situation.
- Review the list of grants program eligibility and requirement, fill out the housing grant application form and submit it online before the deadline.
- Frequently Asked Questions Hurricane Discount Home Sales
- How to Apply for a Grant to Buy a Home
- Image: smh.com.au, hostbtc.com, afr.com