Grants for Farm Equipment – Modern farming needs modern equipment such as tractors, combines, and other farming tools. These equipment don’t come up cheap, it can cost you up to hundreds of thousands of dollars. In order to help farmers, especially ones who are new to the field, on financial hardship after a poor harvest result the government and other non-profit organizations offer grants for farm equipment to keep the farm on going.
In order to get those grants for farm equipment, you have to know the steps you need to take to apply for it as where to submit the application. As a guideline, we provide step by step instruction on how to apply for the grants as well as information on the source of the grants based on information we gather from several trusted websites such as smallbusiness.chron.com, grants.gov, and e-how.com. Here are the instructions:
- Create a business plan for the Farm: To be awarded the grants for farm equipment you have to convince the grantee that you deserve the grants by presenting a decent farm business plan proposal. The content of the business plan including how you plan to use the equipment, the amount of money you need, and the reason you applying for the grant. Be simple, brief and clear in stating your idea in the business plan.
- Finding grant opportunity: After finished making the farm business plan, next step to do is to search for grants for farm equipment opportunities.
- After finding grants that you are interested in, you have to contact the grant administrator. Ask them more detailed information about the grant, eligibility criteria, the continuation, how to apply and what documents required in the application.
- Once you decide to apply for one or several grants, it’s time to compile your application form along with your business farm and all the required documents. Make a copy of all document both soft file and hard copy just in case you will need it later. Review it to prevent unnecessary grammar and spelling errors. Finally submit the application for the grants for farm equipment before the deadline date.
- After you submit the application, you can do a follow up with your application by checking it up with the grant administrator. If you are awarded the grant you will receive a notification from the grantee.
List of Provider Grants for Farm Equipment :
Department of Agriculture: The department offers the Farm Labor Housing Loans and Grants program to provide farm owners fund to develop housing for their farm employee. You can contact the office to obtain more information about the grants they offer at Multi-Family Housing Processing Division, Rural Housing Service, Department of Agriculture, Washington DC 20250. Call them at 202-720-1604 or visit their website at rurdev.usda.gov
Farm service agency: Part of Department of agriculture they provide assistance for farm owner who has to experience livestock loss due to a disaster. For more information you can contact Farm Service Agency, Production, Emergencies, and Compliance Division Emergency Preparedness and Program Branch, Stop 0517, 1400 Independence Avenue SW, Washington, DC 20250-0517. Phone at 202-720-7641 and website at fsa.usda.gov
- How to Apply for Farm Equipment Grants
- How to Apply for Government Grant for Farm Equipment
- Livestock Assistance Program
- Images: news.psu.edu, weston.co.za, ecotonefarm.blogspot.com