There are many ways to get EPA environmental education grant with the rise of environmental education in our community. The changes in climates, disease prevention, sanitation and all other environmental-related issues increase the importance of environmental education higher than ever. The U.S. government also supports the education effort by providing funding through grants awarded by many of its governmental body, including the EPA or the Environmental Protection Agency. The main duty of the agency itself is to promote and monitor environmental health through various ways. In this case, the agency supports the environmental education cause by awarding EPA environmental education grant through various programs available focused to address specifically identified area of need. Such as:
- Center for Sustainable Molecular Design grants;
- Children’s Environmental Health and Disease Prevention Research Centers: Formative Centers grants;
- Environmental Impact and Mitigation of Oil Spill grants.
- Innovative Treatment Designs And Technologies Approaches For Mitigating EDCs and Other Chemical Contaminants From Drinking Water and Wastewater Treatment Systems grants;
The EPA grant programs may varied each year, there may be new programs offered every year so make sure you check on the agency website at www.epa.gov for more information about EPA environmental education grant this year.
As to help you get the grant, we will provide several environmental grant programs that may suit your current environmental education project. Here are the brief description of the program as well as where to apply.
- The EPA: Brownfields and Land Revitalization
This particular program has an objective to support, funding and resources, the cleanup, assessment and also environmental job training in related to brownfields property. The definition of brownfields itself according to EPA is a “real property, the expansion, redevelopment, or reuse of which may be complicated by the presence or potential presence of a hazardous substance, pollutant, or contaminant.” In the long run, the activity to cleanup and reuse the brownfields is expected to improve the community as well as protects the environment. To apply for the grant you can contact the EPA office at Ariel Rios Building, 1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20460. Call them at 202-566-2777 or check on their website at epa.gov.
- The STAR grant program from NCER
As an organization funded by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, the NCER or the National Center for Environmental Research has the objective to support education and research with focus on hazardous substances, children’s health, estuarine and coastal monitoring as well as particulate matter. One of the organization programs is the STAR grant which is awarded to scientists or researcher to get graduate fellowship in related to the environmental field of research.
- EPA: Environmental Education Grants
Last but not least is the EPA environmental education grant program. The program is intended to support projects of environmental education with objectives to help people make the right decision that affect the quality of their environment by enhancing and improving the public’s skills, awareness, and knowledge. The amount of this grant is between $2 and $3 million per year in total.
- National Center for Environmental Research: STAR grant. epa.gov/ncer/grants/
- Environmental Protection Agency: Brownfield grant. epa.gov/brownfields/grant_info/index.htm
- Environmental Protection Agency: Environmental Education Grants. epa.gov/enviroed/grants.html
- Environmental Protection Agency: Brownsfield Grants. epa.gov/brownfields/
- Images: epaabuse.com, eenewstips.blogspot.com, news.appstate.edu