Early Childhood Education Scholarships – If you like playing and teaching children, then maybe you should considering a career in early childhood education. In order to be able to teach young children as a career you need a degree to prove your qualification. To get the degree you have to spend considerable time in the college and pay for the tuition and other expenses. Fortunately to help you pay the expenses, there are many early childhood education scholarships provided by various organizations with the purpose to improve and develop early childhood education.
Early Childhood Education Grants and Scholarships
In order to get the early childhood education scholarships, firstly you should know where to get it. Here we will provide you information about the scholarship as well as where to apply for and get it.
- Pennsylvania T.E.A.C.H. Scholarships: This scholarship provides educational fund for state of Pennsylvania resident to pursue bachelor’s or associate’s degree in early childhood development or education. In order to be eligible for this scholarship the applicant have to work in a licensed Pennsylvania childcare facility for a minimum of 25 hours per week and paid less than $19 per hour. To apply for this scholarship, you can contact Pennsylvania Child Care Association, 2300 Vartan Way, Suite 270, Harrisburg, PA 17110, by phone at 717-657-9000 or their website at www.pacca.org.
- Wyoming Quality Counts Educational Development Scholarships: Similar with the Pennsylvania T.E.A.C.H. Scholarships, this scholarship also provides fund for state of Wyoming resident to pursue bachelor’s or associate’s degree in early childhood development or education. The amount of scholarship awarded is up to $1,000 per semester per student. To be eligible for this scholarship the applicant have to work for a minimum of 15 hours per week in a licensed Wyoming childcare facility. To apply or ask for more info about the scholarship you can contact Department of Workforce Services, WY Quality Counts! Program, Herschler Building, 2-East, 122 West 25th Street, Cheyenne, WY 82002, by phone at 866-373-6061 and the website at wyqualitycounts.org.
- Kentucky Early Childhood Development Scholarship: This scholarship is provided for Kentucky residents who work in a licensed early childhood learning facility at least 20 hours per week. The recipient of this scholarship program will receive up to $1,800 education funding per year and after graduation have to work at the state’s approved childcare facility. For more detailed information you can contact KHEAA, P.O. Box 798, Frankfort, KY 40602, by phone at 800-928-8926 or visit the website at www.kheaa.com.
- Virginia Child Care Provider Scholarship Program: For resident of Virginia this Scholarship program provides tuition assistance in pursuing early childhood development and education degrees. In order to get the scholarship the applicants have to seek or already employed in a licensed child care facility in the State of Virginia. The recipient for this scholarship will receive up to two courses tuition assistance per semester. To apply for the scholarship you can contact VCCPSP, Office of Child Care & Early Childhood Development, Virginia , Department of Social Services, 801 E. Main Street, 8th Floor, Richmond, VA 23219, by phone at 866-636-1608 or visit the website at www.dss.virginia.gov.
- KHEAA: Early Childhood Development Scholarship. kheaa.com/website/kheaa/ecds?main=1
- Massachusetts Office of Student Financial Assistance: Early Childhood Educators Scholarship Program. osfa.mass.edu/default.asp?page=eceScholarship
- PACCA: T.E.A.C.H. Scholarships. pacca.org/teach.aspx?id=88&ekmensel=c580fa7b_18_0_88_2
- Virginia Department of Social Services: Child Day Care Provider Scholarship Program. dss.virginia.gov/family/cc/scholarship.cgi
- Wyoming Quality Counts: Educational Development Scholarships. wyqualitycounts.org/providercorner/scholarships.html
- Images: roosevelt.edu, curry.edu, academyoflearning.com