Neuroscience research grants are one of the most important sources of funding for researcher and scholars in the neuroscience field. A scientific research, especially in the field as complicated and sophisticated as neuroscience, may need more funding than what the researcher can afford to spend. Without the much-needed funding, the research may end with failure due to the lack of fund to pay operational costs. To get the fund, usually the scientists are looking for research grant provided by many sources from government agencies to philanthropic organization.
Obtaining Neuroscience research grants is not an easy task; it requires patience and effort for a chance of success. To increase your chance of success in obtaining the research grant you can follow our tips on how to get the Neuroscience research grants.
The very first step to get the grant successfully is to know where to look; here we will provide you with information on several organizations that offer neuroscience research grants:
- The International Brain Research Organization or IBRO has an extension committee named the U.S and Canada Regional Committee that offers various programs in order to support students and scientists from developing countries. For further information about research grant from IBRO you can visit the IBRO’s US and Canada Regional Committee website at dels-old.nas.edu/USNC-IBRO-USCRC//
- The Dana Foundation, the nonprofit foundation based in New York City has a main to raise public awareness regarding the importance of study and research on neuroscience and brain. The foundation offers a Clinical Neuroscience Research Grant to qualified scientists and researcher on brain diseases with acceptable objective according to the foundation standard. To be considered as candidates to receive the grant, applicants have to submit their research description in short essay and also demonstrate their research cause by providing a promising animal model. The chosen applicant will receive up to $300,000 over three years for research funding. Those who interested in the grant can contact The Dana Foundation, 745 Fifth Avenue, Suite 900, New York, NY 10151, 212-223-4040 or visit the website at dana.org/grants/clinical/
- The European Research council awarded Advanced Investigator Award to senior researchers with the objective to support groundbreaking research project in any field of research including neuroscience. The chosen applicant to receive this prestigious grant will receive up to 2.3 million Euros over their period of research.
The Grass Foundation, it is a philanthropic foundation with the aim to promote and encourages study in neuroscience, neurophysiology and related scientific fields as well as support education and research effort in the aforementioned field of study. The grass foundation has relationship with the Marine Biology laboratory, Society for Neuroscience and the American Epilepsy Society, so the winner of this grant will also get priceless connection with those organizations. In order to get the grant the applicant must provide brief description of their research. For further information on Neuroscience research grants from the Grass foundation you can visit the website at grassfoundation.org/grants/index.html or send a mail to P.O. Box 3101, Eugene, OR 97403-0101, 541-346-3540.
- The Dana Founcation: Clinical Neuroscience Research Grant. dana.org/grants/clinical/
- Medical News Today: European Research Council Grant for Neuroscience Research. medicalnewstoday.com/articles/176054.php
- IBRO: Fellowship Program. dels-old.nas.edu/USNC-IBRO-USCRC/#fellowships
- The Grass Foundation: Grants. grassfoundation.org/grants/index.html
- Images: wp.wgmd.com, unr.edu, facebook.com