How to get a free car from the government? This is an interesting question many have asked. In today’s post you will learn about what you need to prepare before trying to get that free car. These documents are needed for qualification of the benefit.
It is also important to know that not every state offer free car. Therefore, you need to contact your state’s Department of Health and Human Services to know whether there’s such program in your area. Usually you will be arranged to meet a social worker that can help you go through things.
How to Get a Free Car from the Government
Typically, here’s what you need to prepare before you meet the social worker from the Department of Health and Human Services:
- Prepare necessary information ready beforehand. The paperwork that you may need are the tax forms, etc. You may also want to consider adding some medical records or other records that support the fact that you need a car.
- Additional supporting documents that can be added are the proof of your expenses. Add up all of the necessities you typically use every month, including housing, utilities, food, etc. This number should be compared with your current income. This can prove that you can’t afford to buy a car on your own.
- Now make a list of the reasons why a car is absolutely necessary for your case. For example, you don’t have easy access to public transportation, etc.
- You may also want to convince the social worker that you will be able to afford the additional cost that comes with a car, including gas, maintenance, registration expenses and insurance. If you can’t afford these expenses, you should tell the social worker upfront, because it would be irresponsible if they let you have a car but you can’t register it to the state government or pay for the gas.
Now if you have prepared the entire required document, consult your social worker in a timely manner. You have to show up on time, and be on your best behavior. Remember, they are trying to help you. Avoid begging, and explain with reasonable reason why you really need the car.
If at the end of the day you don’t get the free car from the government, don’t throw away all of the documents you’ve prepared. There are many other sources you can try to get a free car, usually from nonprofit organizations or foundations and charities.
The Free Charity Cars is a great source for a free car, but it is not for everyone. The organization only provide free car for U.S. citizen who absolutely need it. If you have had a disaster in your area, you may be eligible for this program. Low income families and workers living in transitional houses are also welcomed to the program. Note that there are no new cars from this organization. Typically they accept old cars as donation and fix and write off the tax and then redistribute the cars to people who need it.
I hope this post can help you understand how to get a free car from the government and charities!
- Working Cars for Working Families : workingcarsforworkingfamilies.org
- Get free cars and automobiles from Opportunity Cars : needhelppayingbills.com/html/get_free_or_low_cost_cars_.html
- How to Get a Free Car From The Government : livingpress.com/articles/governmentbenefits/free-car-government-benefit/free-car-government-benefit.html
- Free Cars for Low Income Families : governmentgrantss.com/free-cars-for-low-income-families
- Image : youtube.com