Grants for Law Enforcement Training – Citizens and resources are protected by federal, state and local government through their law enforcement agencies. To make sure that the protection for the citizens and resources are conducted professionally specialized training programs has to be done regularly to implement new and improved ways and method to protect citizens. Those programs are not cheap, some serious funding are needed to keep the training going hence the importance of grants for law enforcement training.
The Grants for law enforcement training are given by Federal, state and local government agencies to law enforcement agencies such as police and judicial in relation to criminal justice. Technical and training assistance in the areas of terrorism, crime prevention, community service program as well as juvenile justice are examples of areas funded by the Grants for law enforcement training. Here we will provide a list of various grants based on information obtained from some trusted sites such as grants.gov, justice.gov and e-how.com.
List of Grants for Law Enforcement Training :
- LLEBG (Local Law Enforcement Block Grant): This grant for law enforcement training has a main purpose to fund local government’s law important unit in order to create and support projects and programs that provide training directives with goals to reduce crime and maintain public safety. Other purposes of this program are to encourage creative innovation of crime fighting program. Create community awareness, neighborhood watches and training. Eligible applicant for this grant including police associations, law enforcement organizations and community organizations in partnership with law enforcement organizations.
- Office of Justice Programs: The programs offer grants to assist practitioners, scholars, experts and local and state government and agencies. For more information about the programs and the grants application process you can visit the website at http://www.justice.gov/business/.
- The office on Violence against Women (OVW) provides at least 19 grant program with main purpose to help provide protection and service for victims of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault and stalking. The grant for law enforcement training also helps to train communities to hold offenders conducting the violence against women.
- COPS or the Community Oriented Policing Service Office provide grants to enable law enforcement agencies to acquire new technologies and equipment, promote innovative approaches to solving crime, hire civilians for administrative tasks and hire more community policing officers to improve the quality of protection of citizens and resources. For more information regarding grant inquiries and other financial question about COPS you can contact the COPS Office Response center.
- Edward Byrne Memorial State and Local Law Enforcement Assistance: The grant, also known as Byrne Formula Grant Program, has main purpose to create and promote safer communities. Local and states’ unit of enforcement law can apply for this grant to fund training programs with the purpose to improve the quality of law enforcement system, and reducing violent crimes, as well as drug-related crime. The grant can also be used to hire and obtain law enforcement personnel and create operations and information management program for adjudication, apprehension, rehabilitation and detention of law offender.
- Police Grants Help. policegrantshelp.com/
- U.S. Department of Justice. usdoj.gov/10grants/
- Federal Grants Wire. federalgrantswire.com/law-enforcement–research-education-and-training-law-justice-and-legal-services-federal-grants.html
- Find Open Grant Opportunities. grants.gov/web/grants/home.html;jsessionid=109pSgnCTF1F0VQsgPQfHMlgf6ZQqD9c3R0GDymcrvVBGcYXP2HT
- Grants. justice.gov/business/
- Images: in.gov, reservepolice.org