- Grants for Dental Hygiene Students
- Financial Assistance for Breast Cancer Survivors
- Social Security W2 Service to Send Annual Wage Data
- Fashion Design Scholarships – Calculation of the Schedule for Submission
- Government Assistance For Convicted Felons
- US Navy ROTC Scholarship Requirements
- Donate Car to Charity California
- How to Get School Playground Equipment Grants
- Grants for School Furniture
- Zolp Scholarship from Loyola University
Get a Free Air Conditioners for Low Income Families
- Updated: April 18, 2017
Today, we will share all the important things about how to get free air conditioners for low income families. Luckily, you can get help from the state through a program called HEAP or Home Energy Assistance Program. Aside from cooling assistance, you can get help for heating equipment replacement or repair as well. This program for grants for air conditioning units opens every year, so even though you miss this year’s opportunity, luckily you can still apply for next year.
Free Air Conditioners for Low Income Families via HEAP
You may also find free air conditioners for senior citizens or even free air conditioner for disabled. Even so, our focus today will be mainly around how to get free air conditioners for low income families, more particularly from this state-run HEAP program. Well, without further ado, find out more details below. Read on!
Not only does this organization help with free air conditioners for low income families, HEAP generally assists people with low income to pay the cost of heating. Due to the nature of this program, it goes without saying that your eligibility needs to be confirmed first. There’s only one regular HEAP benefit each program year you can receive, in addition to emergency HEAP benefits when the risk of having the utility service shut off or running out of fuel is likely.
Electricity aside, HEAP may also help you if the heat in your home is fueled by natural gas, coal, oil, propane, kerosene, wood or wood pellets, and corn. Since the free air conditioners for low income families program is run by the state, you can always easily contact the local government, even if you wish to get free air conditioners for low income families in California or whichever state you’re currently living in.
Let’s jump straight away to how to get free air conditioner from HEAP. The program for free air conditioners for low income families from HEAP this year will open on 1 May 2017. Those who are eligible may receive one Cooling Assistance for the installation or purchase of a fan or an air conditioner to help cool your home. Bear in mind that each applicant household can only accept one benefit for Cooling Assistance. In situations in which an air conditioner cannot be installed safely, applicant will be provided with a fan. Only one fan or air conditioner, and it should never exceed $800, installation included. Additional HEAP cash benefits aren’t available.
To be eligible, absolutely, is one requirement you have to meet. So, how to get a free air conditioner? You may be eligible for these free air conditioners for low income families from HEAP if you and your household meet these requirements:
- You and the member of your household are citizens of United States or qualified aliens, and include a member with certain medical conditions that is worsened by heat with documentation.
- The gross monthly income of your household is at or less than the current income guidelines for the size of your household we will exhibit later, or
- You receive SNAP or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program benefits, formerly known as Food Stamp, or
- You receive TA or Temporary Assistance, or
- You receive SSI Living Alone or Code A Supplemental Security Income.
- You receive greater than $21 of Regular benefit in the current program year/
- You currently either don’t have an air conditioner that works or the one you have is already at least five years or even older.
- You didn’t receive an air conditioner funded by HEAP within the past 10 years.
The eligibility requirements of your household for free air conditioners for low income families program also include an application to be filled with the local department of social service. Do not forget to provide all the documentation necessary, and your household has to reside in the eligible situation.
Below is HEAP Monthly Income Limits. Make note of this when you’re applying for free air conditioners for low income families since the total gross monthly income of your household for the household size has to be at or less than $2,300 for household size 1 and $6,671 for household size 11. Where to apply for the free air con for low income family? You can always contact your HEAP Local District Contact found in your state’s HEAP website.
When your eligibility for free air conditioners for low income families has been confirmed and your application is accepted, you will finally get the air conditioner installed in your home. Find a list of Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning or HVAC vendors that participate in this program from your HEAP Local District Contact. It is your responsibility to maintain the condition of the air conditioner, which also includes the responsibility to reinstall, store, cover, and/or the unit or the installation sleeve following the installation by vendor.
Even so, the free air conditioners for low income families do not always have to be from HEAP Cooling Assistance. If you do not qualify for the program with a new and free air conditioning unit, there are still other alternatives in which you can find a cheap unit. Apparently, there are a lot of tips and tricks to find not only cheap air conditioning units, but also free ones.
- Take advantage from shipping for a new air conditioning unit during the offseason. In fact, this is always one of the best times to shop for cheap. Although the free air conditioners for low income families won’t be the one you bring home, you can do at a fraction of cost during the fall and winter months. Stores such as Home Depot often provide deep discounts during those months when the sales of air cooler unit drop significantly.
- Check online marketplaces such as Amazon and eBay during the off seasons too. Those sits can also provide you options related to cheap air conditioning units.
- For free items, sites such as Craiglist can also make a great choice. Sometimes, people are willing to give their old air conditioning units for free.
Related Articles You Might Like:
- Free Refrigerators for Low Income Families
- Habitat for Humanity Donations
- Grants Appliances in United States
- Relocation Financial Assistance Options
- Free Beds for Low Income Families
- Furniture Donation Pick Up
- List to Get Full Support of Goodwill Donation Pickup
- Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP)
- Free Air Conditioners for Low-Income Families
- Image: LinkedIn.com