Dental Grants for Adults – One of the common problems encountered by most adult people is keeping their teeth healthy. It is a big challenge to them to finance their dental care because of the high cost involved. Unfortunately, most employers don’t include dental insurance benefits to their employee’s salary package and one way to finance your oral care is through finding dental grants for adults’ provider.
Why do people need dental grants?
Some people especially adults failed to take care of their oral health because they don’t have time and money. Recognizing the importance of good dental care, some of private and public organizations have started to award grants that will provide free dental care to adults who need this care.
Some Dental Grants for Adults Provider
- The CDC Grant Program
The CDC program is a non-government organization aims to provide up to 1M dollars to grant applicants every year for cosmetic and dental implant dentistry procedures to improve people’s aesthetic appearance, confidence, and overall oral health. In addition, CDC creates and supports programs that promote positive relationship between dentist, patients, and local communities.
How It Works?
- An applicant must submit a letter of application requesting to fund his/her dentistry procedure at the website of CDC.
- The application will be assessed by the CDC staff.
- The nearest dentist to the applicant should agree to provide a free consultation to determine his/her eligibility.
- When eligible, the dentist will provide the necessary procedure.
- Delta Dental of New Jersey Foundation
The Foundation provides monetary support to promote oral health. They are devoted in supporting organizations that promote dental health for developmentally disabled, children, and seniors. Delta Dental of New Jersey recognizes that adults are prone to periodontal disease which linked to other chronic health disorders. To prevent oral health disparities, the foundation is offering grants which are focus on long-term solutions for adult’s oral health for underinsured and uninsured individuals.
How It Works?
- The foundation will only fund programs that have sustainable solutions for senior’s oral health such as nursing homes, senior centers, and assisted living facilities.
- Grant applications will be judge according cost, quality and efficiency of a certain dental care service provider.
- Must be a bonafide resident of New Jersey or Connecticut and aims to benefit the people within the area.
Tips on How to Apply for Dental Grants
- Research grants available in the Internet like for example “grants for helping adults”.
- Assess application deadlines, eligibility requirements, and contact information. Once you gathered all the information and you consider yourself as an eligible applicant, make some preparation and don’t miss the set deadline for application.
- Make a grant preparation by writing your letter of application and securing some needed requirements or documents specifies by the funding organization.
- Submit the application by mail as directed by the dental granting organization. Make sure your application is completed legibly. Grant reviewers are reading many applications. Ask some to help in checking your grammar and spelling.
- Explore other dental grant programs just in case you did not meet the requirements.